Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time off

I had all of last week off and had a list a mile long of thing I needed to accomplish while I had the time!
The ladies I work with have started a book group which I attended where we chose the Hunger games to be the book of chose this month. We also decided that since it is an addicting book we should just go ahead and read the 2nd book as well. I started the Hunger games and had them both read in 4 days. Good recommendations! I enjoyed the books. Looking forward to the 3rd book since I have been left hanging! I enjoy reading, it takes my mind off of all the everyday things going on in life.
I also got to be a full time mom. Which includes being a taxi cab driver, laundry and more laundry, being at the door when the kids walk in and being able to have dinner at a descent hour. We ate before 8 p.m. every night and I didn't make a quick run to the local eating establishments because I was just to tired to cook which has been know to happen from time to time.
My biggest item on my list happened to be something I am tired of doing and have been putting it off for a few months.
I painted. . . . grr what was I thinking? After finishing the basement and painting and repainting basically the whole house last year I didn't want to touch another paint brush for a while however I had one more room that really needed my attention!
Our main bathroom
I painted it yellow about 10 years ago (I wasn't going for canary yellow which is what I got). I also don't know what I was thinking back a few years ago when I also painted the ceiling yellow. What? Every time I look in the room I keep thinking just paint it for heavens sake but just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Finally with the time off it became my #1 item to accomplish. Madison wanted it the same color as her room since we had left over paint.
I think the people at Lowe's got use to seeing me every morning at 7:15 right in the middle of their morning huddle, I have never had so many associates ask if they could help me in a 10 yards radius, and then I was off to Walmart to pick up a few items without it being crowded. That is the best time to go shopping anywhere!
Before . . . . UGH!
After

I also painted my last door, and changed my last light switch out (which I did all by myself - too impatient for Brett's help and guess what? It works Yeah me)
I also transferred some tapes to CD which was interesting to listen to. One was my boss playing the piano and he was amazing, the other happened to be a program my parents ward put on years ago and my dad was the narrator. It was fun to have my dad talk to me while I painted. I tend to think of him while I paint anyhow (not sure why) but I liked it even better this time because he actually talked to me.
It was nice to have time spent with the kids and still have time for Brett and I! We even got out to a couple of movies as well.
So needless to say, I had a great week off , I got lots accomplished and felt good about it but I also have things on my list still in need of being done. Time. . . it all takes time!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

OK Jane, I loved the Hunger Games and Catching Fire also. I have not enjoyed a book since the Twilight stuff. So any other books that are as good as those two, tell me. I can not wait for the 3rd also.
LOVE the bathroom color, so pretty. You are so awesome and I marvel at all the different things you can do so well.
I love that your daddy was talking to you. I love I got to see you and Brett holding hands today. I love that I got to hug ya and I love that you are my friend.
I love you.

Ku'uipo said...

Sounds like a great and busy week. Bathroom looks great. Painting is fun but time consuming! I am going to read the Hunger Games next too. Just have to finish my second Thirst book and City of Bones series and then Hunger Games is next on list! Myron loved them too. Love and miss your cute family!

Brooke said...

I love that color? What is it and where can I get it?!!! Looks like you had a productive week. It's sad but sometimes I wish I could take some time off just to catch up on every thing on my to do list. Oh the joys of life.

Brooke said...

That was meant to be an exclamation point after the first sentence. I got a little too excited.

Just Us said...

I can't wait for book club. I loved this month's book(s). The bathroom looks great! You are trully a "jane" of all trades. And I think I need to hear this Dr. Z tape.

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

i love it! i want to come see your downstairs and fancy tv sometime!