Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Joys of Teenagers

Cole is working at Lagoon and staying at his grandparents house in davis county which when the season is in full bloom will be nice on his gas tank.

He had to work yesterday and didn't get off until the park closed.  Brett had called to check on him and he said he was on his way home.  We told him to give us a call and let us know he had arrived at grandma's.    a half and hour later I had yet to hear from him . . . I was worried since it isn't a very long drive so I give him a call . . . .

The mom - Hey have you made it?
The Teenager - uh - yeah . . .
The mom - whats the matter?
The teenager - Mom - I locked my keys in my car
The mom - oh (trying to think how he would have done this)
The Teenager - uh mom . . .
The mom - yeah?
The Teenager - my car is running . . . .
The Mom - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Needless to say at 11:30 p.m. Brett and I got to go for a drive.  We all do stupid things and when we arrived he was feeling pretty low. It took us all of about 2 seconds to unlock the car and pull it in the garage.


I had to get a picture of him pulling in just so he could remember the time he locked himself out of his car with it running :)

He sent us a text on our way up there " This is probably the stupidest thing I have ever done"  We didn't reply!

3 comments:

kstalder said...

I LOVE the look on his face!

Hollie said...

Ha ha I could write a book on some of stupid things I have done. :) Stuff like this makes for good memories.

Sarah said...

Oh, i think everyone has to do something like that at least once. My sister did the same thing, years ago, only she locked my nephew who was just a a month old in the car. When he cried we had to bounce the bumper to rock him to sleep. Hang in there, I'm sure there's more moments like this to come...