Today has been filled with memories from our youth. I was sad to hear that Farrah Fawcett had passed away. I always wanted hair like hers and of course I wanted to be a Charlie's Angel! I know Brett had the famous poster hanging up in his room. 

And then what a shock when we heard that Michael Jackson had also passed away all on the same day. Today was not a good day to be a celebrity. As a youth I was in LOVE with MJ. I was the only one on the block that had MTV so when it was time for Thriller to be aired the party was at my house. It was such a big deal back then to actually watch the video. I miss the days of sitting for hours in front of the TV watching my music.


And then what a shock when we heard that Michael Jackson had also passed away all on the same day. Today was not a good day to be a celebrity. As a youth I was in LOVE with MJ. I was the only one on the block that had MTV so when it was time for Thriller to be aired the party was at my house. It was such a big deal back then to actually watch the video. I miss the days of sitting for hours in front of the TV watching my music. I hope Farrah's death is not overshadowed by Michael's. They were both great in their own times!


2 comments:
Today was a crazy unexpected day. So sad! I love that you were the cool one with MTV!!!
Soooo sad! I love Michael even though he got kinda wacko over the years. And I bet it was soooo much fun to watch thriller for the first time! lol... at your comment about when he was black and much better looking! You are too funny!
Post a Comment