Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon


A friend had rented out a theater for his wife's "Surprise" 30th birthday so we had the privilege of seeing the movie a few hours early. I knew there was no way I could do another midnight show and get to work again like we did last year so a big thanks for having our show time at a descent hour!


The Movie. . . MUCH better than Twilight! However, I really have a hard time with Bella A.K.A. "Blinky" and Edward. I do not think either of them are very convincing. Again, better this time but for me they are very hard to watch. Edward always looks like he is in so much pain just to get a word out it drives me nuts. Now to Jacob. . . I have always liked him so much better than Edward! He did a great job in the movie and must have spent a lot of time in the gym!


The funniest part of the evening was after the movie, we were visiting with neighbors (since a good portion of our neighborhood was there) and someone asked where Madison was. (Dance performance and yes we are crappy parents and went to the movie instead). As we explained this they asked who was with us which happens to be my niece.
So the story begins. . . We didn't think much of it but Cole and I went into the theater first and Brett stayed out to wait for my niece to show up from work. So there we are just chilling in the theater and Brett and Charie come in. Brett is waving to people and looking for us, they see us and come and sit down. We watch the movie an are leaving when the above happens. Apparently some people wondered who Brett was bringing to a "Ward" function because they had not seen me there. A mistress? They were giving him a bad time after that you don't bring your mistress to a function where a good portion of the neighborhood would be. We laughed pretty hard about this. It was only a few years ago we were at a baseball tournament and took this same niece with us and we were asked if she was our older daughter. Yeah - one we lock up and only let out at special times I guess :) Now as I look back at the two of them walking in I guess it did look a little funny.
Madison does get the opportunity to see the movie. She's going with the same neice and her family. Hopefully she enjoys it.

No comments: