Sunday, November 1, 2009

Was it worth it?

I sure hope so!
Our Pediatrician suggested, and with my hands in people's mouths all day that we get the H1N1 vaccine Oh- and lucky us it so happened we could get it the next day at a mass clinic (this was last weekend I'm a little late in posting). So we got up early on a Saturday and headed out. Needless to say I was amazed at ALL of the cars lining up along the road. There was no where to park. We parked well into a neighborhood and got in line. Now mind you we started at about 6:45 a.m. and the line was winding into the neighborhood. We spent 6 1/2 of the longest hours ever waiting to receive the vaccine. It was a cold morning and some of us did not go prepared for the elements. Let's just say I thought I had frost bite on my toes since I wore flip - flops. I had no idea it would have been like this. My biggest concern was the many people there with health issue and the babies out in the elements for such a long time. Maybe they will have it run more smoothly when the next shipment comes in. Oh- and maybe they could have concessions. I would have been a happier person if I had food and hot chocolate! Cole was not happy at all!!
This was the line in front of us at about 10:00 a.m. or so.
Cole was trying to find somehow to keep himself entertained
Madison trying to have a great attitude!
The line behind us. . . This was where they cut off the line and told these people there was no way they would be receiving the vaccine.

1 comment:

kstalder said...

That is CRAZY!!! We just made and appt at the dr and walked right in and out. What's up with Utah??? :)