Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving's 2009

Let me just start off with saying how grateful I am for family! We are fortunate enough to spend time with both families. Not on the same day luckily because that just gets to be toooooooo much! The Sunday before we get together with the family we will not be spending Thanksgiving day with and have Thanksgiving with them also. I love it because I think being with family is VERY important.
Stalder Thanksgiving
This year we spent Thanksgiving Day with my family. It is weird we didn't have any little kids here. My little brother has the youngest kids but they are back east. The skin is one of the first things to go at my mom's house.
See they come running for it!!
My mom had a little mishap with the flour. She was pretty upset but we all just laughed it off and took pictures so she can remember. It's all about the memories right?
I was the lucky one to carve (mallyhag) the ham.
These kids are so much fun. I love seeing how grown up they are becoming. The 3 boys hang out and so do the 3 girls. I am glad my kids have cousins they can hang out with and who are good examples as well. The boys headed out to see "The Christmas Carol" while the girls stayed back and headed to the park and played games.
Ratcliffe Thanksgiving
Brett carving the turkey at his parents house. Cole and his girlfriend. She's a real dog but he REALLY loves her :)
Grandpa and his girls.
The boys and their dogs. It was kind of like a dog kennel with 5 dogs at the house! Grandma's 2 little dogs do not like our 2 big dogs (I think our dogs would just think they were chew toys) and Brett's sister's dog Buddy, was deciding if he wants to be friends with our dogs. Ours are just big and scary to the little dogs. Buddy braved it and hung with our dogs for a little while and then Spade was just to much for him.
The dogs trying to stay out of the rain. . . within an hour and of half of this picture there was 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. Let's just say it was a scary ride home. Madison was in the back of the truck saying many prayers and singing hymns so that we may arrive home safely!
Again I just want to say how Thankful I am for family! We have truly been blessed with love and support from our families!

3 comments:

Ku'uipo said...

Looks great! Happy Thanksgiving!

kstalder said...

So sorry we missed it! Steve would have fought everyone of you off for that turkey skin...Don't worry-we'll be home soon to add some little munchkins to the mayham. Love you!

Hollie said...

my face while I am eating the turkey is pretty interesting