Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Hunting they will go . . .

My boys love to hunt!  The best part of them hunting is they are doing it together and spending quality time.  It also allows for Madison and I to have our own special time!
It is a lot of work for them to get ready for a day.  They have 7+ dozen decoys and it takes some time for them to set them all out.  Of course they want them to look real.  Brett had bought some stakes for a good portion of his decoys and he was not happy with how they looked.  As soon as they returned they got busy revamping the stakes to look more life like.  These birds are smart!



 Kelly hanging out in the decoys
 Brett with 6 beautiful birds
 Brett and Cole - It is a lot harder than it looks to shoot one of them out of the sky!
 I have plucked a goose thinking I would make down pillows and found it is not an easy task (now you know why down is so expensive) I have cooked goose - just like a turkey and have found that we like it best as a jerky!  Cole makes these fine birds into a mighty tasty jerky.

No comments: