Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Decking The Halls"

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . . My parents neighbors were concerned when my dad passed away that their house would not be decorated for Christmas like it always had been. This past weekend we went to my mother's house to set up her lights. This is something my dad was very particular about so it is quite the task! It is always fun getting together with my siblings and retelling the same stories that are just as funny today as they were when they happened. We even put up my mom's Christmas tree for her. I have good memories of setting up the tree! Our dad would not let anyone touch the tree until he had the lights and the tinsel on just right! He was such a perfectionist it was agonizing for us children! It always took him forever and he would end up mad at one of us for jumping back and forth over the lights that were strung throughout the house (this was before the miniature lights were available). I love the Christmas season and I am grateful for the wonderful memories I have! Hollie, Cindy and Julie . . . it takes 3 people to string lights? he he he

Madison and Mishay stringing lights

Arden and Brett


Mom giving direction :)

My parents only have 1 tree in the front yard so my dad created his own trees. He spent HOURS stringing lights on all of the little trees. Which is super nice for us we just bring the tree out and plug it in and Whala. . . Christmas!

4 comments:

Brandon and Krystyn said...

Grandma is the cutest ever!!! How fun was that to get to do what Grandpa has always done! I bet you guys had a blast and I totally wish I was there! Take pics of the finished product!

Lisa said...

How fun Jane. I am so glad you could all be there for your mom. I am so happy that you can get together and share all those fun memories and honor your father at the same time. I love you.

kstalder said...

The house always looked beautiful at Christmas. Good job helpin'! Tell everyone hi from the CT family.

tanya said...

Love it, Love it! Christmas is just around the corner. I can't wait to decorate!