FAMILY!
I love being around my family so the holidays are especially fun for me! We will be having Thanksgiving with Ratcliffe's this year so it is tradition that I have my parents out the Sunday before and I cook a Thanksgiving dinner so we are able to have that time together also. (We do the same with the Ratcliffe's the next year we switch back and forth. . . we always get to have 2 Thanksgivings)
It was a little strange this year to think about having my mom out without my dad so we invited my sister and her family out. Julie was the sister that taught me how to cook :) Ahh- Good Memories! She is an amazing cook so I owe it all to her (and of course to my mother since that is where Julie learned) One year Julie asked for an easy bake oven and Santa thought that was a waste of money so she got the real stuff to learn how to really cook and man-she can!!

Isn't that a great Christmas. . .This is why she ended up making all of the birthday cakes for everyone in the family!
Preparing the turkey for perfection!
Tom the turkey :)
Maddy having a good laugh with Grandma!
The clan eating!
We could not get the food on our plates fast enough. . . everyone was STARVING!!!!
Everything tasted so good!
7 comments:
Oh Jane, I love that you were able to have your family over. What a blessing and WOW about all the good things you made from scratch. I am so impressed really.
Happy Thanksgiving
How fun is that to have two Thanksgivings and what a GREAT idea! We always end up having two too, but all in the same day...it's craziness. The food looks great and I love that everything is homemade...that's the same way we do it too! Kamie always tells me how you're a good cook and how your lunch always looks yummy and then she looks at her hot pocket...lol. You need to share some of you main recipes with me! Happy Thanksgiving Jane...I am thankful to have your family as friends and hope to stay this way for years to come!
Was that this year????? I am so jealous!! I definitely did not inherit my moms gene for cooking. My stuffing is coming from a box this year:( I'm glad you had fun and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Oh and thankyou for the birthday wishes! Brett's message made my day! Love you!
Wow I can't believe you have that picture. What a fun memory. I always wanted an easy bake oven so I gave Krystyn one. Actually the real stuff was funner. Thanks for having over for dinner. It was fabulous. Jane is a great cook. The turkey looked and tasted great. Her rolls were fabulous. It was yummy!!!! I would love to get a copy of that pic Jane. Thanks again. We had a great time.
Thanksgiving is such a fun time. And you ARE a fabulous cook-I have fond memories of you having us over for dinner as newlyweds and it was always so YUMMY! Happy Turkey Day!
i love the pic of your hands making the rolls :-)!!!
Yum! I love your cooking it is fantastic. I also love the holidays and family and freinds being around. What a great feeling! Heres tot he holidays!!
Post a Comment