Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tonsil and Adenoid Free

We are so glad this day finally came. We scheduled this back at the first of October. The doctor was concerned with the time of the surgery due to all the sickness around but we had to do it over Christmas vacation. We have done everything we could to keep him healthy!! On Monday the doctors office called to see if we wanted to reschedule his surgery, his surgeon had broken his hand and could not perform the surgery. Lucky for us he has a back up and we opted to go with him. We were pleased with the backup surgeon and Cole's surgery went really well. We are so glad it is over! Everything is going well he is just really sore today! To bad he doesn't know sign language since that is his form of communication to us right now and he is not very good at it. :)Hanging out before and playing some games starting the long process of getting him ready
His biggest concern was that he would NOT go nightie night. He as less concerned after the IV went in and they explained the process to himHe ended up with some stylin' clothes. He especially loved the socks!

right after surgery. . . as they were taking him into the recovery room Brett was walking next to him and Cole asked Brett "where the hell he was" apparently he had already asked the nurse "who the hell she was". I am sure these nurses see a lot, people have such different reaction from anesthetic. Cole felt bad after and apologized to the nurse.
We just had to wait for him to drink some apple juice and hold that down and then we could be on our way. After 3 glasses of juice we thought we were headed home and then he got sick and we had to wait a little longer. But all in all everything went well and he is now on the road to recovery! The doctor told us that he will have really bad breath for a little while bad enough that it could peel the paint off the wall! Now isn't that just lovely. Lucky for us!

5 comments:

Bart and Stacey McQueen said...

Poor Cole that is NO FUN bud!! But it will be alot better and hopefully no more bad sore throats.. We are praying for a fast recovery for you and hope you heal well hang in there bud!! I know you probably do not care for us much?? (That is how we feel)But hope YOU and BRETT the best of luck with Cole!! And hope whatever it may be that we have done to you guys can be erased sorry for the comment but sometimes you just wonder..? We do care!

Linnae said...

Glad things went well for Cole. How did Mom do? It took McKenna two weeks before she completely recovered from her T and A ectomy. Hang in there Cole and you WILL be glad you had the surgery. Your slurpee from us is coming!

Ku'uipo said...

lol...love his reaction to the anesthesia...Hope you feel better soon Cole. I still remember getting mine out and that was when I was in 5th grade...but that was only 10 years ago...lol. Let us know if you need anything!~ Luv ya.

kstalder said...

I've had alot of nieces and nephews lately get this done and it's turned out favorably for everyone! Best of luck Cole.

Sarah said...

I had no idea! I'm a bad neighbor. Hope cole is feeling better... I had mine out at 21... was flat in bed for 2 weeks.. but they say adults don't bounce back as fast. Holler if I can do anything for you! BTW, I saw that cute puppy the other day.. Maddy was chasing her in the snow, it was up to her neck & drug Maddy behind...Cute little thing..