Friday, March 27, 2009

Another of the many "Maddy" adventures

Once upon a time . . . there lived the same little girl as before. The dear sweet little girl was having a play date with one of her cousins. The two were having a splendid time together. They were very busy in and out of the bathroom then back into the bedroom. . . Repeated several times. As the mother I decided to check up on them to see what they were doing. As I started down the hall way I noticed something not right on the carpet. Hum I thought and continued into the bedroom they were in (which happened to be Cole's). What a shock!! These cute little girls had decided to use the ink pads I had and were making hand and foot prints as their projects. Now remember I said they had gone in and out of the bedroom several times. To this day, I do not remember what their artwork on paper looked like but, I will never forget the artwork all over my carpet. Ink was everywhere! They had been very active all over Cole's room. They did not use the light colors, NO they used every dark color of ink they could find. There was a spot of RED about the size of a dinner plate right in the middle of the room. The carpet cleaners were not able to get all of the ink out. So last weekend we pulled up the carpet and put laminate in that room also. I have to say I was sad to see it go (not really) but the memories I am! Those silly reminders are from when the kids were little and I miss those times so much! (not the "mom's crazy" times but the kids being little time)

I was so out of sorts after the initial shock I did not realize Maddy was wearing a skirt so I apologize for the underwear shot!!

At the time this was NOT the pitter patter of little feet!
Before. . .
Yuck! you can see the red spot at the bottom of the picture

During . . .


After!
It's amazing what a new floor and a paint job does for a room! It feels so clean and new!!
I love home improvements! I wish we could do more just little things now and then.

5 comments:

kstalder said...

Yea! It's so nice! Glad you got it done and loved the fairy tale story...

Just Us said...

Looks good. Thank you and Maddy again for all of your help on Saturday.

jayne said...

It looks sooo good! You guys should do this for a living! (ha ha!)

Kristen said...

Jane, Why is this post making me cry? I don't know. Your floor looks great. I miss you.
Kristen

Bart and Stacey McQueen said...

So that totally looks so nice.. Good job Unc looks amazing we love you guys!!