Today was one of those days I could have been down in the dumps all day. I lost my dad 2 years ago. . . the most influential person in my life. I wouldn't of had a problem feeling sorry for myself BUT, I knew my dad would not be happy with me. I'm sure he understands our grief and knows how we feel but would also not want us to wallow in our sorrow. He is happy where he is and wants us to make the most of what we have here.
Sometimes the memories from that day are so vivid in my mind it is almost crippling. I could get lost in the emotions of the day and from time to time I allow myself time to grieve. I really have to think positive and try not to dwell on all of the intimate details I remember. I miss my dad so much and it is hard to see my mom lonely and missing him also!
this picture is from when my dad was bishop. . . I am the same age right now he was when he became bishop
As my family will attend the temple this weekend in my dad's honor, I will look around I know this is where we should be. Together! I am so thankful for the wonderful family I have! I have been truly blessed thank goodness we have eternity with them. I love spending time with my siblings, we are ALWAYS laughing!
this picture is from when my dad was bishop. . . I am the same age right now he was when he became bishop
As my family will attend the temple this weekend in my dad's honor, I will look around I know this is where we should be. Together! I am so thankful for the wonderful family I have! I have been truly blessed thank goodness we have eternity with them. I love spending time with my siblings, we are ALWAYS laughing!They say you marry someone like your father. . . I never thought it would be true but, It is, in many ways! Brett always says his emotions are just like my dad's and that's why I love him. My dad was my rock.


"1982"
I always teased my dad I was the "favorite" daughter but I know my sisters felt the same way I do and then there are the boys who we had to contend with . . . to my dad they are perfect in every way and he could not have been more proud (actually of all of us). We are lucky. . . we didn't have to wait until we did something spectacular for praise from our parents we were told how proud they were of us all the time! My dad told me one time many moons ago "Jane I expect great things from you" I am not sure what great things, but I do hope I will be able to accomplish what he thinks I am capable of! I do not want to disappoint!
One thing I admired of my parents is how much they love each other! One of my nephews was getting ready to go on his mission so we were all in the temple, Brett and I were behind my parents and Brett nudged me and said "look, they are still holding hands". They always did too. That is one memory I am grateful for! When we are at the temple I can always invision them walking down the hallway hand in hand which is how it will be in the eternities!One of our last conversations I can vividly remember with my dad, we were on the phone talking and as we were about to hang up he said "Jane, I love you" I replied "I know dad, I love you to" and he said "No Jane, I REALLY LOVE YOU" to which I replied and always will "I LOVE YOU TOO DAD!"
3 comments:
Jane,
What a beautiful tribute to you dad. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful father. I am proud that you carried on today. I am glad to know you do allow yourself to grieve. This is a long hard process that we will forever be going through. I am so proud to be your friend and get to share in your life. You are an amazing person and I love how you love your parents. What wonderful examples. Sweet Janie, you are in my thoughts. I am always here even if G Group is not. I love ya
I can't believe it has been 2 years. I never knew your dad, but from what I have learned about him from you I have grown a deep admiration for him. He sounds like he was a true rock, constant, positive and full of kindness and love. You were blessed to have such a wonderful father. I believe he is very proud of the living legacy you are to him. You are an amazing woman and a terrific wife and mother.
So I'm just sittin here boobin'. It was a hard day for us too. I was so blessed to be in your dad's presence for over 10 years and I truly felt he was a father to me, too. Thank you for the sweet tribute, I couldn't have said it better. The last thing he and I said to each other was also "I love you". Isn't that wonderful!
Post a Comment