The kids had been camping with their grandparents all week so Brett and I thought it would be great to get out of the city and go up with them and spend some time fishing. We headed up to the high Unitas. We love being in the mountains. Only one unfortunate thing happened . . .we forgot our fishing poles in our car, we rode up with our brother-in-law so our car was back in Bountiful. DUH- what were we thinking? Luckily our family has plenty of poles to help us brain dead folk!
We stayed at Stateline reservoir in Mountain View Wyoming
One of my favorite things is to be driving along a road looking at the trees and then all of a sudden you can see water through the trees. 
Madison was not interested in fishing she wanted to read "Twilight" she needs to hurry so Cole and I can talk about it!
The fishing was a little slow so Cole decided to take a little nap. . . but not for long!
The fish quickly started biting. . . only down at that end of us. Brett and I were not catching them at all. Cole felt bad for me and traded me places, no sooner did we switch and he had a fish on in the exact same spot I had just been. I did finally catch one but Brett was not so lucky at this lake.
We ended up with a stringer full Cole and Madison were the lucky ones to gut all of the fish
Uncle Brett was helping Kaitlyn learn how to cast. . . he is so much more patient and the girls love him!
This is at Marsh Lake. . . isn't it beautiful!
So on the way back to camp Brett decided to let Madison drive. . . What are you crazy? I sure thought he was! I thought I was going to die. I had a slight panic attack and had a headache instantly. After about 20 minutes of killing grandpa's truck (it's a stick shift) she somewhat had the hang of it. I have now decided Brett is the best candidate for the job of driving instructor he was so patient with her!
The boys are getting ready for the Archery Elk hunt next month they were busy shooting their bows when we had time at camp.
I am going to preface these next few pictures with this one. . .
Madison driving her dad around she is doing really well at this driving thing!
Cole driving his mother crazy OH- I mean around camp. . .it really wasn't that bad I only freaked out once on him :)
Brett and Jane in their "unknown" fishing hats. . .really we just don't want Brett's head and my ears fried! Brett looks very intense here
Oh- look it pays off he finally caught a fish :)
Everyone loves BARBIE pole . . .it seems to be one of the luckiest poles!
Even grandpa likes fishing with it!
3 comments:
It looks like a pretty and peaceful place. Glad you guys had fun.
Hooray for vacations! I hope that you feel nice and relaxed when you get back to work. I have missed not camping this summer, usually we go a handful of times...but I am not yet brave enough to take Makenna.
this girl needs to do the same...sit on the side of the lake with a good book! if i do that i am pretty sure there will need to be a cold diet coke in my hand!
Post a Comment