Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stalder Family Reunion

For the last 20+ years our family goes somewhere together for a few days. We have gone somewhere different every year. This year we were going to Flaming Gorge but with gas prices we all decided we needed to change our plans. We headed up Spanish Fork Canyon to the Diamond campground. We loved it and had such a great time together! We have such a great family and we always laugh and reminisce! Brett and Cole were not able to attend since they were on their way up the canyon in a different direction to go elk hunting.Madison making campfire eclairs. . .enjoying her efforts With our camping faces on. . . I look lovely, Madison always cute!
these three are inseparable! new names for this trip. . . Doe, Moe and Poe I think they turned into Indians while we were there they even had a call for them to gather
playing games. . . these kids were good! Usually there are 6 kids I am taking pictures of. We call them the sixlets, but since Cole was not there it just wasn't complete. The boys really missed him!
Always together
Grub time, We always eat really well when we camp as a family!
Everyone playing games
Our camp. . . I know you are wondering how I pulled the trailer up with my car. . . Well I had a little help from a nephew who was kind enough to take my trailer up for me. How grateful I was to have my little home up there and I didn't have to tent it!
Hanging out around camp
On our nature hike to see if we could see the moose. . . he was a no show
This was the girls sleeping quarters :) It got a little chilly at night and the wind messed up their hair so I was kind enough to free up some room for them to stay with me.


So I have a funny/embarrassing story to tell. . . One night Madison and I were walking around the loop back to our camp it was very dark and our flashlight was not super powerful when I mentioned to Madison that I have "Bubble Gut" (for those of you who might not know what that is, It's "GAS") any how as I was mentioning this and trying to feel better when 2 of my nephews and Cedar (who is a dog) jump out of the bushes to scare me. I was so scared and very embarrassed but we laughed so hard, they are such cute boys! I think the dog even enjoyed scaring us. Building memories right. . . they will never forget scaring Aunt Jane!

5 comments:

KaSeY said...

what fun pics :-) i am glad you guys had fun!

kstalder said...

I can't tell you how much I miss being there! What a beautiful family we have. Please send my love to everyone!

kstalder said...

Ok-will you please email me the instructions to "campfire eclairs"? Sounds delicious!

tanya said...

Loved the post. Madison is getting so old watch out biys. i am glad you get to go together.

tanya said...

opps I mean Boys!