I say that with A LOT of sarcasm!!! Madison is so much better than I ever dreamed of being and let me explain why I say that.
A couple of weeks ago she mentioned she was staying after school to shoot some hoops. Now mind you she does not have the proper equipment since this is something she has never shown an interest in before. So for the last couple of weeks she has stayed after a few days here and there and even found our basketball and pumped it up to play with. She had decided to try out for the basketball team at the Junior High this week. She made the first cut yesterday and then made the team today. We are a little shocked and VERY proud of her!! She has so many things on her plate right now I am not sure how she can fit it all in.
So WHY is she a chip off the ole block? NOT! Well let me tell you. When I was in the 7th grade I tried out for the basketball team and surprisingly all 4 ft 11 in of me made it. Apparently I was exceptional at layups and the team needed me. Needless to say I was shocked at making the team since I really didn't want to play so I never followed through with the team! Maybe I could have been good but I will never know I just wasn't as dedicated as Madison is. She is my HERO, she never needs to be pushed along she is a very independent person and is so outgoing, something I have never been able to be!
Congratulations Madison! You go girl :)
6 comments:
Yay for Maddy! Thats Awesome. Congrats.
Way to go Maddie. That is so great. Hello just pick up a ball and make the team? What in the world? Holy Cow. That is so awesome. We are all proud of you girl.
Wow... way to go Maddie! You rock... Jane, ya crack me up.. I think I was all of 4 ft. 11 in jr high too.
Basketball was one sport I could never play. It just wasn't ment to be. Have fun Madison!
Thank You guys for your prayers and thoughts they are needed much right now!! I love you guys!!
Love,
Stacey
i am so happy for Madison! She is so talented! And I think it is so cute you call her your HERO! You are ageat Mom!
Post a Comment