Friday, January 2, 2009

News Years Day 2009

Let's just say that New Years Eve we are not partying at our house (although that does not mean we get to bed to much before midnight). . . the boys always go hunting on New Years day so it's always early to bed! The kids both went to parties and Cole came home early so he could get to bed and not be late for the hunt.
I decided for New Years I would attempt to cook a prime-rib. My father-in-law cooks them wonderfully and has talked me through it before and I have never done it but I was brave this time and just did it. I have to say it turned out really yummy! I went all out on the menu but the only thing we all wanted was the meat and the shrimp so now we have lots of left overs. Yeah!! Prime-rib just isn't complete without horseradish! I bought some that said "Extra Hot" and I thought yeah no big deal I like it hot. . . holy cow they were not kidding but not matter we all still ate it. (I have made my own horseradish sauce before which is way better than the store but more expensive than a little bottle which is why I bought it)My First Prime-Rib Madison's first plate. . . I feel for the boys who want to date her she is NOT a cheap date. When we take her out, her meal is always more than ours. The little lady can put it away!!!
This happened to be Cole's "first" real meal he would try and was successful at swallowing chunkier food. No more pudding and Jell-o for this kid! :)
Looking forward to a great New Year with many new things to enjoy!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

OK, that looks delicious. I so want to come over and eat with you. You did a great job. Way to go Jane.
Love it

Ku'uipo said...

YUMMY!!! We love Prime Rib and I love that Maddy won't be a cheap date...LOL...I'm pretty sure my girls will be the same way, Kalena and Larissa already are expensive. Everytime we say, where do you want to go eat it's Olive Garden, The Mayan or Cheesecake Factory...I can imagine when they're teenagers.

kstalder said...

I've never had horseradish. I think it's the unappealing name that holds me back. But it looks delicious! You are a great cook.

jayne said...

Don't worry it made blubbering idiots out of all of us. I think you could hear all the sniveling and crying coming from just our row when we saw it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Brandon and Krystyn said...

That dinner looks so yummy! Can I hire you as my personal chef?? PLease???