Sunday, January 4, 2009

Marley & Me

There have been so many movies we would liked to have seen over the Christmas break but with Cole having to be cautious of catching something we did not see any. Last night we ventured out to see one as a family and I choose "Marley and Me". Now we had heard it was a little bit of a tear jerker and we were fine with that. It's alright to shed a few tears, any good movie should do that for you! We enjoyed many laughs throughout the show apparently we could relate A LOT with the happenings of the dog in the movie. I know at different times throughout the movie I would think of one of our dogs the situation related to and know we had been through very similar situations. For instance, Marley ate a necklace and they had to wait a few days to get it back. . . Regis (our first dog/child) ate one of his leashes and Brett's mom had the pleasure of helping him get it out. It's funny how it brings memories back like it was only yesterday. Our big dog Jake is a lot like Marley in that his is out of control, we don't really walk him it is more like a really fast sprint so we related a lot to the movie. Now like I said at the beginning, we expected to shed a few tears which we did. However, it was not just a few. . . in Madison's words "we were like blubbering babies". It was very close to all of our hearts and touched each one of us. Cole was a complete mess and just wanted to get home to see his little dog. Needless to say great movie, great humor and a lot like real life!!

4 comments:

jayne said...

Oops! I left my comment on the wrong post!

kstalder said...

Glad you liked it. I love Owen Wilson! I think it's so cute that Cole is so tender. :)

Abby and Eric said...

Thanks for coming to lunch with me! I miss you guys too! Working is just not the same without you guys. I miss working friends rather than strangers. I had fun at lunch with you guys! I hope you and the family had a good holiday. And I totally forgot to tell you I got your christmas card before we left and it was sooo cute! Thanks for sending me one. Does Jayne have a blog? If not tell her thanks for coming to lunch with me, I really enjoyed it. And tell her I miss her too! I heard Marley and Me is really cute. I am hoping Eric and i can go and see it soon.

Just Us said...

We just got back from Marley. Boo hoo. You weren't kidding about the tissues! Super cute though. P.S. Hope Maddy had a very happy birthday.