Yesterday us ladies at work were headed out for lunch having a great time and laughing as usual when we pulled into our parking stall when Tanya all of a sudden says "oh my gosh you guys" (now in my head I am thinking did we leave someone behind?) then she quickly points out that there is a baby in the car in front of us. At first I thought it was a doll because of how wide open it's eyes but no we had a little one left alone in a vehicle. Kamie quickly checked the car doors to find them all locked and the windows rolled up completely. Immediately she called the police. Now mind you we had 2 pregnant ladies with us and the rest of us are mom's. As some of us were entering the fast food restaurant we had a gentleman hold the door open for us now mind you he had a toddler and a baby in carrier. Interesting how simple he made it look and yet we had just seen a baby locked in a car. When we got in we figured out real quick which lady was the mother we thought so we watched her. She was in no hurry to get out to her car but we figured it was her since she kept looking out at the car where the rest of us were waiting for the police. I do not know how much time went by but it felt like we had to wait in line longer than usual. Finally this lady we thought went out to the car and was super rude to the ladies out there. Thanked them rudely for turning her in to which Kamie kindly let her know she was welcome and that you don't leave your child in the car. She drove off in a hurry but I am sure the police caught up with her at some point they had all the info they needed. Seriously people who does this. When we got back in the car we commented that it was stuffy and warm already and we had only been out of the car for 20 mins or so. You just never know what could happen and she should have been grateful people care. Way to go Kamie and Tanya, I work with very caring people and I am fortunate to work with them.
4 comments:
UNBELIEVABLE! Now, I know all about not wanting to wake a sleeping baby to run an errand-but that is what drive thrus are for!!!
That is INSANE! Some people just don't think.
People like this make me so mad. I am glad they called the cops on her and that Kamie gave her an earful.
Wow!!! I cannot believe that!!!!!! My mouth was in my stomach the whole time reading that! I am SO glad you guys saw the situation and call the police! You never know what could have happened!
Post a Comment