Thursday, May 28, 2009

Part 2 of our Memorial Weekend

So I am slow is posting this. I would have thought with having some time off this last week I would have been current but with such nice weather I chose not to stay indoors.

We went to my dad's grave on Sunday night. It had been raining all day at around 4 it actually gotten sunny and then around 7 when we were leaving to meet up with my family it was gray and ugly. After we paid our respects to my dad we hopped in the car and it started to rain. Then it poured the rest of the evening. I am so glad it was at least not wet while we were at my dad's. I sure do miss him!

Cole took it upon himself to make sure the graves had the American flag
My mom and 3 of her granddaughters
My cute mom . . . I would like to think my dad is standing there next to her I know she misses him so much!
Hanging out with the dogs. . . they love the water!
For lunch we headed to the local 7-11 for what I am sure was a very nutritious lunch. We packed it to the nearest park, sat on a bench and just enjoyed being outside and together!
Then we headed up to Brett's parents house. Maddy was busy picking flowers for her grandmother to put on the graves.
Cole busy being employed mowing the lawn. He is such a good lawnmower and has become very particular in doing so now!
Brett's family at his grandparents graves. We don't have many pictures of just the 4 of them so I thought we would take the opportunity to get one.
At Brett's other grandparents grave. This cemetery is so old it has the really cool headstones all over which are fun to read! I love all the flowers on the graves as well the cemeteries are so prettty this time of year.
Then the part I had been looking forward to all weekend. We went to Nielsen's for a concrete. YUM!!! I love this place and could eat there often. Not the cheapest ice-cream but oh- so worth it.
Enjoying. . .
YUMMY
Delicious . . .
You know it's good when it is all over your face :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Janie,
Thanks for this post. Memorial day has new meaning now does it not? I am sorry your dad is not here.
My heart is heavy. My mom, grandmother, great grandmother and great aunt are all buried close together. I do not know if anyone goes there to take flowers, that makes me sad. So I am glad you and your family are able to visit the graves on Memorial day. love ya

Ku'uipo said...

Looks like your weekend was a great time with your families and those you lost! You're icecream pic made me hungry!!

Kristen said...

Oh man, I miss concrete! I haven't had a neilsons custard for sooooo long! Maybe that's what we need to do when I come to visit in the summer. So good to see you all decorating the graves. I know my mom does that each year too. It's a good tradition. I know how much you miss your dad. It makes me miss mine too!