Friday, September 26, 2008

Flashback Fridays

The upland game hunt"s" start at 6:50 a.m. tomorrow. The YOUTH duck hunt is here and Cole could not be more excited! Brett has always been an avid duck, pheasant, goose hunter. There was a time when he used to hunt in Idaho and would bring home tons of Geese each week and I thought I would be "Donna Domestic" and PLUCK each goose for the down. Yeah right- after actually accomplishing it with just one goose I told Brett I never wanted to do that again. We could just go and buy the down pillows I was NEVER doing that again!

This was often the scene in our backyard years ago. Brett would set up his blind in the back yard and "play" hunting.



Brett and Regis after a successful hunt . . . that was on good hunting dog!


Cole has generally gone hunting with his dad even when he wasn't able to shoot but the thing he loved the most was showing me all the ducks they would bring home


Madison would make them her pets. . . she loves them so much!


This one she played like it was her baby until it thawed out (it had frozen over night)

The boys out pheasant hunting
Cole's first "official duck hunt" 2006

Cole tells a good story about his first hunt . . . Brett was telling him to wait until the duck was closer and he was not going to wait any longer and shot . . . and made and awesome shot. He has a really good aim, he is always saying if he had to live off the land he could.

Adam and Josh went along with Cole on another occasion they happened to be freezing cold at this time.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ok, so I am confussed, are those fake geese in the back yard? Where does one keep such things if that is the case? I have not hunting experience over here, so I need a little help understanding the process. Thanks

Rat Fam said...

Yes they are fake geese. They are the biggest decoys you can buy (well at the time they were I have no idea if they are now)Brett has since sold all of them but they use to take up a lot of room!

Ku'uipo said...

OMG...your pics are priceless! Love 'em!

kstalder said...

Ewww! Dead duck for a pet??? J/K love the pics.