So once upon a time there lived a cute little girl named Madison who was at this time about 18 months old. One day while this beautiful little girl was taking a much needed nap the mom decided she had been asleep long enough and needed to woken up. As she peeked her head in the door she could not see Madison. Concerned the mom opened the door wider and there was this darling little girl using her artistic abilities ALL over the walls, carpet and bedding. Oh- did I mention she had no markers or paints? Yes this little lady had used all the resources she had available to her and had made a "crappy" choice!!! Needless to say the mom freaked out on her beautiful little girl but quickly got over it and had the carpets cleaned, washed the linens and washed the walls :( The family had only lived in their new house for 2 weeks so it was a very bad day in this house. Needless to say that beautiful little girl is growing up to be a beautiful young lady and no longer draws on the walls or takes naps and lives in the basement!
The reason for the story is this. . . I am finally pulling up the carpet that was in Maddy's room and could not be more excited about it. Since almost the day we have moved into our home I have wanted to change the carpet due to the situation mentioned above. We are laying laminate in this room (which is now my scrapbook room) I am so grateful Brett is skilled the way he is and can complete projects for me. 

Just before pulling the carpet. . . I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I'll post the after when we are all done!
5 comments:
LOL... ok, I was wondering if there was gonna be a pic of the artwork when I scrolled down! Can't wait to see your scrap room.
Ya, I wanted to see the "crappy" mess. And I'm jealous you get your own scrapbook room.
My dear Jane,
Love the story. Congrats on the new room. I am so excited for you. I wanted you to know I am using a lot of your skills and ideas in my new calling. You have been an inspiration to me. I love ya. Went to Walmart tonight and thought about you. Love Lisa
How fun! Good luck!
I love the way you tell a story! you crack me up. I can't wait to see it done.
Post a Comment