My baby is no longer a baby anymore, she is a TEEN!! She celebrated her 13th birthday last week. I can so vividly remember her delivery and love every minute of it. I will never forget as we are coming out of surgery with Madison in her dad's arm's there was my dad standing, waiting in the hall for us full of concern with tears of joy, relief and happiness running down his face. I love the fact my dad was the first family member to see her. They shared such a special bond with each other! We are so blessed to have memories like those.
Moments after being delivered . . . she was a screamer!
the first time Cole saw his little sister "medcine" (he could not pronounce her name)
the most important people in my life!
My dad and Madison on her blessing day
Moments after being delivered . . . she was a screamer!
the first time Cole saw his little sister "medcine" (he could not pronounce her name)
the most important people in my life!
My dad and Madison on her blessing day So many things have changed since then! She was such a good baby I couldn't have asked for a more perfect child! Then she turned 18 months and whew- Look out. She is a very determined little soul as my mother puts it. Madison is not going to let the grass grow under her feet. Those of you who remember what a treat she was to put in a car seat know exactly what I mean. I literally had to put my knee in her chest to get her to stay in long enough to get her buckled up. Believe me . . . I felt totally abused by her, it was like parent abuse. I'm not sure where all her strength came from but, she was not an easy one to control. She had stitches when she was around 1 and it took several doctors to hold her down to repair the wound. Needless to say that was not the only wound the little princess has had. We use to tease we needed a helmet on her at all times to prevent ALL of the bonks she incurred, she has to have a head made of steel to survive all of her antics! She was always into mischief!! However, I could not ask for a better daughter. We have been truly blessed with such a strong spirit in our home! She is always on the go learning new things and loving it. She is so beautiful on the inside and out! What lucky parents we are! We LOVE who Madison is and we are very proud of her.
Madison invited a few girls over for dinner and a movie. We went to see Bride Wars which was alright as far as I was concerned but the girls loved it! ( I could not stand Kate Hudson's hair) After the movie we came back home and ate pizza and watched more movies and played the Wii. A few of them slept over, had an early breakfast and then they all headed out to dance. Busy, busy, busy! I think they had a great time just hanging out together and giggling!!
We always let the kids pick where they want to go for their birthday dinner (with Brett's family) and this year Madison had chosen Texas Road house until we got there and there was a 2 hour wait. So we made a quick call to the local Lonestar and headed up there, they got all 10 of us in within 15 minutes which was awesome. Then we discovered something very sad. . . Lonestar no longer serves . . . PRIME RIB. What? How could this be. . . Hello, why else do you go there? But NO sad but true they have taken it off the menu so I will now be removing them from my speed dial :( We did enjoy a nice dinner and had a great time with family.
Happy Birthday little lady!! We Love you!!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Maddie. I am so blessed to know you. I love that fire in you. I love your get it done attitude. I love your spunk and your sweet spirit. You are my hero.
Thanks for being a part of our lives we are so blessed to know you.
Love the Rogers
Happy Happy Birthday! You are such a sweet girl and I hope your day was the best! I too am so happy to know you and hope that my girls will grow up to be a kind, loving girl like you! You're awesome!
What a sweet tribute! I will always remember Maddie's incredible temper tantrums from the inside of her room. You had locked her in there to protect yourself and your house from destruction! Ha! We love her so much and can't wait to smother her with kisses! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Maddy! Jane you really do have a wonderful daughter. If mine grow up to be just like her I will be one happy girl!
Happy Birthday Maddie. I can't believe you've grown to be so OLD!!! You should still be 5 or 6! That's how I remember you! I'm glad that you are keeping your blog so I can keep up with your family Jane. You do a great job!
Love,
Kristen
Happy Birthday Maddie!! Jane, I love that top picture of your csection. I with I had a pic that great.... I can't believe little Maddie is a teenager!!
Post a Comment