are such IDIOTS!
I will now proceed with why I think this!
Last night Brett and I were chaperons for a church dance. We were excited to go since dancing is something we enjoy. side note: We FORCED Cole to attend in which he was not happy with us. I think he ended up having a good time in spite of not wanting to be there. Anyhow back to the idiots. Brett and I were manning our post not letting anyone in or out and making sure no one would sneak into a empty room. So from time to time one of us would get up and walk around (check on Cole) and come back to our post. At one point, Brett was wandering and walked past another couple at their post, they exchanged pleasantries and as Brett continued walking the women said "No Smoking". Brett continued on did a check on the dance and returned the same way. He then asked the lady what she had said previously, she replied "I said No Smoking" he then asked her "why on earth she would assume he smoked?" and she said "it's because you are wearing a gray shirt" Brett in turned replied "I guess everyone that wears a gray shirts smokes!" and walked off. Needless to say he was not happy with the exchange or the lady. Now, I must say we are in charge of whether we are offended or not and at this we were offended. Brett came from a good home with parents who love him and raised him to be a good man, they also have smoked his whole life and I am very proud of the fact that neither him or his sister have the same habit. For some idiot to make a comment like that to anyone regardless of their upbringing needs to remember that Christ would not judge people because of the color of their shirt. Brett has not had a calling in our ward so why does he have to wear just white. He wears white when it is appropriate he is not disrespectful of the teachings of our church!
There I have vented and I DO feel much better! By the way my son and my husband were both in gray shirts and looked great!!!!
11 comments:
Yes she is an idiot! I wear gray shirts at least three times a WEEK and that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I am also proud of Brett! I hope the rest of the night went well.
How stupid! Some people need to keep there mouths shut! Loved the venting and rightful so, it needed to be said out loud.
Ha! I had to laugh when I read this and I recommend you do the same. :) Sometimes people just make me shake my head...I'm sure your boys looked so handsome in their grey shirts!
Did she think she was being funny? Some people need to think a bit more before they speak. Ok, a lot a bit. Glad you were able to vent.
So does a blue shirt mean raging alcholic? I'll have to watch watch colors I wear. What a wacko.
yes that is rude. When we first moved to Utah, someone made a comment about Paul not being a follower of Christ and being disobedient for wearing blue to church. Some people are just stupid!
Are you kidding me? Whether people think they are funny or not should sometimes just zip it. Seriously, this is so annoying. People like this say idiotic things all of the time and are the ones that offend people and they never come back and it goes down from generation to generation. Even if he DID smoke. . .was his doing it in there for her to make a comment. You should've went and slapped her...LOL...oh wait? That's not very christlike either...lol
Tell Uncle Brett that I KNOW he looked stunning in his gray shirt!! He's a good sport for brushing it off. If she knew Brett, she would know he's a wonderful person with a big heart and all the love in the world to give! Shame on her for burning the bridge. Love you auntie Jane!
So I totally agree!! Some people just need to keep there mouths shut if they know whats best for them!! Good job Brett for making her feel like an idiot by just ignoring and walking away.. Well Bart wears RED so he must be a murder.. haha how dumb!! She was trying to put you down Brett, because you look stunning in wahtever you wear.. and for her she does not! So she had to try to put you down to try to make herself feel better haha lady DIDN'T work!!! What a looser... She probably looked so stupid..lol
You are the BEST Aunt and Uncle ever to everyone that is around and thats the true meaning of being like Christ!!
I am sorry but I will judge, she is DUMB! I can not believe she said that to him. So, what color of t-shirt do you wear if you are a drinker? Miss you!
WOW! That lady is a "smart" one! It's a good thing it wasn't me! Kuuipo could probably explain why, or Kamie! hahaha..
Seriously, that is one of the dumbest things I have EVER heard, and I have heard a LOT of dumb things.
Post a Comment