Cole was in no hurry to get his "learners permit". They are able to get is when they are 15. He was all excited about getting it until right after his 15th birthday and then nothing. I have told him we were doing it this summer and he of course has put it off as long as possible. Last week I TOLD him to get the book read and be ready I was taking him on Monday. He would read on and off, not real dedicated. I made Monday an all day "Cole" day. We started off the day at the high school changing classes which took 2 hours of just sitting on the floor until it was finally our turn and then he didn't want me to go into the counselor with him :( He went and mowed his grandparents lawn. Then we were off to the Driver's Licence Division. He was petrified. When we arrived I had forgotten his "original" (no wallet copies are acceptable) birth certificate. So back home we go and grab the required papers (Cole grabbed his book for a quick refresher course- I know he didn't finish the last couple of pages until we were in the car). Headed back and got back in line. We waited for at least 2 hours and then his number was called. He seemed very confident but I know inside he was scared to death. about 20 minutes later he was sitting down to have his picture taken. Passed the first time and boy was he proud. There were two people around him that got caught for cheating on their test. Doesn't that make you feel great, people have to cheat to get a licence and they are out there driving. UGH!
First attempt at the test and he walks out with a permit . . . the people in front of our car were walking up as I was taking the picture and said "better stay off the sidewalks now".
No sooner did we get into the subdivision and he was ready to drive
Not his first time driving we have given him numerous opportunities but now he thinks he needs to drive everywhere. Um- not yet! I am letting Brett take this chore on, I had birth he gets drivers ed I think that is a fair trade!
Not his first time driving we have given him numerous opportunities but now he thinks he needs to drive everywhere. Um- not yet! I am letting Brett take this chore on, I had birth he gets drivers ed I think that is a fair trade!
5 comments:
Oh no!...LOL...I'm with Maddy...LOL
Wow! That's really scary! Tell Cole I flunked my test the first time! And is that a new haircut on Madison? Can't wait to see them in person!!! Only 5 weeks!!
Wow! Go COLE! And Maddy's face says it all!
NO, Madison doesn't look scared at all. Actually, I think she's got the right idea! Kidding. Tell Cole congrats. I can't believe how grown-up he's getting.
I love the picture of Maddy. Way to go Cole. That is sad that people have to cheat.
Post a Comment