Monday, August 31, 2009

Saved by the Principal and the Shop Teacher

Madison had quite the mishap at school on friday. You would have thought it was the end of the world!

Her Flip-Flop broke!
She texted both of us in a panic and needed one of us to come right then and bring her new shoes to wear. Yep- cause I can do that and so can her dad. NOT! I did however try to get her some help but Grandma was unavailable as well.

Shortly after she called me at work to TELL me her flip-flop had broken. . . Umm - had we not already had this discussion texting? Anyhow I again let her know I would be unable to run all the way home grab some shoes, run them to her and then hurry right back to work.

So there I am at work worrying about her walking around the school with no shoe, feeling like mother of the year, concerned she may have to walk home without a shoe and feeling helpless!

Madison calls me again, this time from home (school is out) and lets me know all is well! While she was in the office calling me the Principal saw her dilemma and went in search of some help. She enlisted the shop teacher who in turn put a screw through the bottom of the toe thingy (?) and sanded it down so she would not slip and off she went for the rest of the day. Shoe is very much in tack and probably wearable for who knows how long.
So a big THANKS. . . to a Principal who cared, and a shop teacher with the knowledge he needed to help a panicked little girl!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad the flip flop was saved.

kstalder said...

That is so funny! The things that are such a big deal...