Sunday, June 22, 2008

~*~The Manti Pageant~*~

Brett and I had the opportunity to go with our youth to the Manti Pageant. We had such a great time! We drove down Friday and played lawn games until it was time to eat. We went to the stake center and had a turkey dinner. I am not a big fan of turkey so I was surprised at how good this was. They had seasoned it which made it good for me! I think the mashed potatoes and gravy was the best! Around 8:45 we started making the trek on foot (about 1 mile) to the temple grounds. We had gone down earlier and saved some seats so we could just herd the kids in when it was time. We had great seats and the show was awesome. We slept under the stars in someones backyard. The roster started crowning pretty darn early. I was ready to have chicken for dinner. About the only battle we had was with the mosquito's. They were terrible I didn't think I had been bitten to much until today when my legs are itching so bad. If that is the worse thing we had to deal with I think we survived. After we got all the youth up and ready we went to breakfast at another church and headed home. It was fun to see the beehives jump out of the car in front of us and do a Chinese fire drill, Oh bless those in charge of them! They have so much energy! We have such great youth they all get along really well which makes it easy for us leaders. Cole and Madison did not know Brett was going and were somewhat surprised that both of their parents were going. Cole said "this will be the first trip with the ward that both my parents are at" Not sure if he was excited about it or not. I think they both enjoyed having us there.

The ladies were all over Cole. Ok- so they are a little young but they loved Cole!








Madison in her pajama blanket The kids playing "Smash Ball"

1 comment:

KaSeY said...

looks like you had fun :-) see you tonight at the baseball game!!!