Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Father's Day

So we had a great day on Sunday! We went up to Ratcliffe's to spend time with Brett's dad. Put some food in our bellies and thought maybe we could just relax but no, my son was not letting the opportunity of getting his grandma wet pass him by! She had told the kids to bring their swimsuits so "they" could have a water fight. She should know better and know Cole would get her wet! Every time we are up there mowing the lawn Cole always tell grandma to come see what he is doing and then he turns the hose on her! So needless to say it was difficult for Cole to resist the temptation of soaking her. Uncle Kelly inched his way in to "help" his little one with her squirt gun and then he unloaded on the kids. He is such a good sport he gets right in there with them. I told them not a drop of water better come my way!

Shortly after, Cole ended up dumping a five gallon bucket of water on his dad who in turn chased him down and soaked him with the hose.

After the kids changed back into somewhat dry clothes we headed to my mom's to celebrate Father's day also. It's hard to believe my dad is gone. In someways it has been the longest year + of my life, but it others it is still so new. I miss my dad everyday but I am grateful for the wonderful example he was/is to me. When my family gets together we are always laughing all the time. When my dad was around he would just sit back and watch us he loved every minute of us interacting I know now he is doing the same thing but I miss seeing the smile on his face. We could always make him smile :) I am grateful for my dad and all he did for me and for loving me unconditionally, my father-in-law for all the great times we have together, for the father of my kids, he loves us so much we are so blessed to have him in our lives, and to my heavenly father for all he has given me!

2 comments:

tanya said...

love the blog. I am so glad you had a good time. I agree that we do marry someone like our dads! We sure got lucky!

Brandon and Krystyn said...

i LOVE your blog aunt jane! I love to hear everyone talk about grandpa and how much we all miss him and what a great example and friend he was to all of us. Have you ever noticed that when grandma signs cards, it says "WE love you"- like he isn't even gone! I love it!