Thursday, September 11, 2008

Flashback Fridays

In honor of my little brother being in town I thought I would flashback to some times with him. I have a funny story about a time we went to 7-11 for a big gulp, Steve had offered to buy me a drink (he was a very good saver and did not spend HIS money at all so this was a big deal) as we were there I saw a laffy taffy and picked it up for him to buy it for me also, he argued with me about buying it (I believe it was only about .25 extra so I didn't think it was a big deal) he was not happy with me that I was trying to waste all of his money and then he called me a "damn hoodlum" I laughed so hard, it still makes me laugh now. I did end up with the candy but I am pretty sure he wasn't happy with me on the way home. But hey I am sure I was paying for the gas in the car so I deserved a treat!
There are very few pictures of just the two of us. . . as much time as we spent together we never took pictures together. this is a really attractive one on memorial day up in Logan One of my favorite things to do was watch Steve "play" tractors in the front room. He would have that carpet with PERFECT lines for his "grain" or whatever he was preparing his harvest for. Now he has a son that loves tractors also which I think is pretty cool!
Steve w/Dad and Mom at MTC
Steve and I at the MTC. . . Not an easy place to leave (for me)
Steve just getting home from his mission. . . this is the first time Steve saw Cole I was very excited to see how Cole would be. . . he loved Steve! I was also about 5 months pregnant when he came home but I was also about the same when he left so he thought I was somewhat chubby :)
I am grateful for Steve's wife . . . for helping him to be the man he is today! Thanks Kirsty! This was last night. Steve and I went to dinner and had a nice evening just visiting. I am so grateful for such a wonderful brother I miss him so much and wished they lived closer but I am also so proud of all the accomplishments he has achieved. Moving out east has been good for him just not me!

3 comments:

Abby and Eric said...

Hey Jane! Sorry it has taken me forever to check your blog. I have been trying to get mine up to date. The pictures of you and your brother are so cute. I gave The Last Lecture to Nick for his birthday, I don't know if he liked it, I will have to ask him. I heard that it was really good. Tell Charie she was a beautiful bride and congrats! Maddy looked cute too! And you miss thang looked very sexy and classy at your class reunion. I am glad you had fun. Tell Cole and Brett maybe next time they can get their Elk. Miss you! Love Abby

kstalder said...

What a neat tribute my my man! He is all that you brag him to be, and more. I am so blessed to be in your family! We miss you and can't wait to see you again.

kstalder said...

Me again. You gotta have a better picture of me than that! Yikes!!!