Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Fridays

Since I didn't post what Brett and I did last weekend that is going to be my flashback this week. We went away for the weekend and stayed in Park City (Brett called it a "Romantic Rendezvous" Ya- that's what he thought). The weather was so great however it did get a little chilly and I HAD to buy a new jacket. Thank goodness there were stores close by so I did not have to freeze to long! I had never ridden on the Alpine Slide so we hooked up with Charie and Trevor (the newlyweds), Tyson, Coby and Shantai and we went on some rides up there in the mountains. We went on a new one called the Coaster. . . What a blast! I would go on that one many times before I would ever go on the Alpine Slide (I was not that impressed with that ride we should have rode the zip line instead!) We had a great time with the nieces and nephews and we are glad they invited us old timers to hang with them! The leaves are starting to turn colors and the hillsides are gorgeous!

All of us on the "Coaster"

this was our second time on it, the first time we had slow people in front of us so we got a "free" ride which was fast with both of us in the car!

The best part of the weekend came in the early hours of the morning when we were awakened to the trumpeting sound of the fire alarm going off in the hotel. Everyone was standing outside the hotel . . . some in their BVD's and other's with not much more on. This is where the new jacket came in handy since it was very chilly standing out there . . . I call it inspiration that I had made the purchase the evening before I was so prepared for the worst the next morning. I would have liked taking pictures of the fire trucks but that was just not possible.

It was a nice get away for us but I thought it was interesting how much we talked about the kids . . . Oh- the kids would love this. . . we should bring the kids here and do this. . . do you think Madison would like this for Christmas?. . . and so on and so forth the whole time.

3 comments:

Tyson and Tiffany said...

I am so sad I was not able to make it to Park City. It looks like you guys really had a lot of fun! You guys are the best aunt and uncle anyone could ask for. I think it is so great that you take so much time to spend with your nieces and nephews. I hope I am able to keep as strong of a relationship with my nieces through the years! Everyone needs a strong non-judgemental, non-parent adult in their lifes! You and Brett or great role models when it comes to this. So simply thank-you....

Abby and Eric said...

So Jane are you sayin Brett didn't get any? HA! HA! J/K Park city is pretty fun. I have never ridden the Coaster. I actually have never heard about it. It sounds fun. And you and Brett are not old folks... you are young and fabulous! I am excited for the trees to start turning colors. Once they do out here I will put them on the blog. I am very glad that you had ESP for the jacket. Was everybody okay at your hotel? I hope work is going good. I still miss you guys. I am having a good time at work though. I can do fillings now. I did a root canal last week and also a crown prep. I am finding it very interesting to see how the procedures are done. But, you guys are still the best! Tell Maddy and Cole hello!

tanya said...

Well, I hope all in all it was nice to just be with Brett. Looks like you had a good time from the pictures. I have never done the coaster and I won't do the zipline to scary!!! You'll have to tell the rest at work talk to you later!