Monday, August 31, 2009

Mission Accomplished!!!

I have created some tasks I HAD to have done before today (Monday) and I wasn't sure I was going to get them done but, with a lot of persistence I did it!



  • Wash walls - DONE


  • Paint bedroom wall with Temple paint - DONE


  • Not enough painting . . .Paint the rest of my bedroom walls - DONE


  • Add more to plate. . . . paint bathroom while I'm at it - DONE


  • Paint all baseboards and trim white - DONE


  • Switch out old lightswitches with one I bought months ago - attempted to do by self - impatient husband does them instead - DONE (Thanks Husband!)


  • Oh yeah - don't forget the doors need to be painted as well (4 -grr) - DONE


  • Paint baseboards in the rest of the upstairs - DONE


  • Wash the blinds in bedroom and put back up so I am not on display for the neighbors to watch- DONE


  • Pull up carpet to make all the painting easier - DONE Thanks Brett and kids!!


  • Find places for and move all furniture out and back without breaking anything fragile etc. - DONE (well almost we have to have some muscle come and help with the big stuff)

  • Sit down and Blog, take ten minutes for self - Working on it!


  • Rehang all doors - DONE


  • Clean up after self EVERY time I paint - DONE


  • Fix family meals . . . try to maneuver through ALL the furniture in the kitchen . . . for go trying that - just eat out it's easier! - DONE


  • Have carpet laid upstairs - DONE


  • Ugh - Just remembered I have to paint one more door - I'll get to it later! :)
  • Vacuum our new carpet and enjoy! - Doing it!

I am so excited to have accomplished all of this. It may not seem like a lot but my legs are sore from up and down on the ladder and my arms should be big and bulky from all the painting I have done lately! I am so grateful for my gallon of paint from the temple . . .Its amazing how much work one little gallon of paint can create. I keep telling Brett. . . .I am making our house a HOME!

7 comments:

kstalder said...

Wow! I'm truely impressed! Want me to put you to work while you're here on vacation???

*~**~Matina & Kamie~**~* said...

u busy lady! and you are so good at it all! miss u guys! cant wait till u meet Elway!

Ku'uipo said...

You are busy! I am sure it looks great! Post pictures...or maybe I'll just come over.

Malissa said...

good for you, not come and help me! jk :)

Lisa said...

I am tired just reading it and you still read all these books and work a full time job and serve in your church? Holy COW.
You are amazing.
Love ya
Love new paint and someday I will love new carpet.
Can not wait to see it

The Chalmers Family said...

Not alot are you kidding? You are amazing! I got tired just reading about all that work you did. You should take pictures of it. I want to see this"temple paint" :)

Linnae said...

Somehow I missed this post but heard all about it from Lisa. Seriously Jane! I'm jealous of your energy and go for it attitude! Go you!